Why partner with us?
South Metro Housing Options (SHMO) offers valuable services that are integral to any Littleton development project. Providing these services through partnerships with both non-profit and for-profit entities helps SHMO accomplish its mission and contributes to the community as a whole. South Metro Housing Options can serve affordable housing developers by offering access to financing and partnerships. SMHO has cooperative relationships with many lenders and community service providers. Bonds can be issued on behalf of non-profit and for-profit affordable housing developers. These bonds can be used to finance new construction as well as the rehabilitation of existing housing developments. SMHO is eligible for property tax exemption from Colorado real estate taxes. This allows the leveraging of greater debt when taxes are removed from the operating cost.
• 40 years of superior property management and maintenance services
• The ability to issue tax-exempt bonds and bank-qualified debt
• A proven track record in dealing with subsidized housing regulations and procedures
• Excellent working relationships with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) and Arapahoe County
• A successful background in managing mixed-income tax credit properties
• Exemption from real estate property taxes
• Exemption from sales tax on construction materials
South Metro Housing Options is always interested in pursuing joint ventures and other partnering opportunities. Interested parties may contact SMHO at 303-794-9608 for more information.
The South Metro Housing Options (SMHO) is committed to development opportunities in the Littleton community that meet its mission and the overall goals and objectives of its Strategic Plan. The agency currently is focusing its efforts on upgrading the housing stock in the community through its Rehabilitation Program and other redevelopment opportunities, such as those for which low income housing tax credits (LIHTC) can be utilized. South Metro Housing Options is further committed to “green” building and all energy-saving measures in its redevelopment and rehabilitation efforts.
REQUEST FOR PROPSAL:
More to come soon.
smho's green commitment
More to come soon.